The Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science (JASHS) publishes papers on the results of original research on horticultural plants and their products or directly related research areas. Its prime function is to communicate mission-oriented, fundamental research to other researchers.
All submitted papers are peer-reviewed prior to publication.
Subjects appropriate for submission to JASHS include:
- Genetics and breeding
- Molecular biology-biotechnology
- Seed physiology
- Soil-plant-water relationships
- Photosynthesis; source-sink physiology
- Developmental physiology
- Environmental stress physiology
- Postharvest biology
Publishing Fees for Papers in JASHS:
- At least one author is an ASHS member: $100 per printed page.
- Authors who are ASHS members must indicate membership in the appropriate field on the "General Information" page when submitting manuscripts.
- Authors who are non-ASHS members: $170 per printed page.
- There are additional fees for publishing figures in color.
- Authors making more than five (5) corrections on their page proofs will be billed at $10 per correction.
- To submit papers for peer review and publication in JASHS, click on the following address:
- If you have previously submitted a paper to JASHS, you will be required to log in with your log in name and password. (Forgot your password? Use the "Unknown/Forgotton Password? link at the bottom of the log in page.)
- First-time users of the online submission system must register for an account. Instructions on how to register for an account are accessed at the bottom of the log in page.
For additional information, contact:
Authors: You may order reprints of your published article in JASHS.