ASHS has two primary membership categories: Individual and Corporate membership. A third option is available for international members - International Colleague Affiliate membership.
The American Society for Horticultural Science offers journals, educational opportunities, specialty publications, and career development services to all Individual Members.
- Active Membership - $125.00 per year
Active membership is available to any individual interested in horticultural education, research and application.
- Emeritus Membership - $55.00 per year
For retired horticulturists who have been ASHS members for 10 or more consecutive years, Emeritus membership includes the same benefits and services as active membership.
- Postdoctoral Membership - $60 per year
For postdoctoral students currently employed at an accredited university or college, this category carries all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office. (proof of student status form required with application)
- Graduate Student Membership - $40 per year (Special Offer!)
For graduate students enrolled in an accredited university or college, this category carries all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office. (proof of student status form required with application)
- Undergraduate Student Membership - Complimentary for your entire undergraduate career! (includes an online subscription to HortTechnology)
For students with an active interest in horticulture attending an undergraduate institution, this category includes all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office. Students in this category are also eligible to participate in the Association of Collegiate Branches (ACB), a group of undergraduate horticulture clubs and related organizations affiliated with ASHS. (proof of student status form required with application)
ASHS Corporate Membership entitles your organization many benefits and services, all for just $375 per year.
Corporate Members are part of the ASHS Industry Division. ASHS Corporate Membership is an opportunity to position your organization as a leader in encouraging industry involvement in horticultural research and education worldwide. The Corporate Membership Program offers numerous benefits that serve to enhance corporate and academic recognition among ASHS membership. Any business firm, association, or organization (excluding libraries), interested in promoting horticultural research and education is eligible for ASHS Corporate Membership.
Corporate Members receive:
- 20% off display advertising in ASHS journals and the ASHS Newsletter.
- Free product listing in the ASHS Newsletter's New Product Announcements section.
- Complimentary link to your organization's Web site in the Corporate Members section of the ASHS Web site.
- 20% discount on a full ASHS Annual Conference registration fee for one person.
- 20% discount on placing position openings in HortOpportunities—the ASHS Placement Service program. These listings appear in the ASHS Newsletter and on the ASHS Web site.
- A representative of your organization is designated to receive all the benefits of an ASHS Active Member, including online access to the annual ASHS Membership Directory—a complete resource and contact guide to ASHS Members, Working Groups, Committees, and Society leaders.
- The designated representative also receives subscriptions and online access to all ASHS journals: HortScience, HortTechnology, Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, normally elective benefits, and the monthly ASHS Newsletter, which is received by all members.
- Your organization's designated representative serves on the President's Corporate Council, the industry voice for ASHS.
- Corporate Members are eligible for involvement in ASHS Working Groups, including the Industry Division's Intellectual Property Rights and Marketing and Economics groups.
- Corporate Members have the right to vote and hold ASHS office; to serve on committees; and are eligible for election as ASHS Fellows.
- Corporate Members are also recognized through the ASHS Awards Program and are eligible for nomination for the Outstanding Industry Scientist Award.
List of ASHS Corporate Members
Join Online: ASHS Corporate Membership
Download an application for ASHS Corporate Membership (pdf format).
|International Colleague Affiliate (ICA) Membership
ICA Membership provides an opportunity for Active Members to sponsor international colleagues and former graduate students at reduced Affiliate Membership rate is $20.00 per year. There is a 3-year limitation to this membership level. Prospective first-time members from a developing country may sponsor themselves.
- Electronic access only of all three ASHS serial publications: The Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, HortScience, and HortTechnology: plus the electronic version of the monthly ASHS Newsletter.
Criteria for ICA Membership are that the individual:
- is from a developing country with a low or low-middle income economy, (as defined by the World Bank), and
- must reside in a developing country, i.e., can't be an international residing in North America.
at ASHS Headquarters for more information.
Download an application for ASHS Affiliate Membership (pdf format)
Countries Eligible for ASHS International Colleage Affiliate Membership
Countries Eligible for ASHS ICA Membership [low and low-middle income economies, as defined by the World Bank (July 2009)
Central African Republic
China, People's Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep
Korea, Dem Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza