Subjects appropriate for submission to HortScience include
original research results on various scientific and cultural
aspects of horticulture and closely related subjects, such as:
- Breeding, cultivars, rootstocks, and germplasm resources
- Cropping efficiency
- Crop production— including: floricultural plants; grapes and
berries; nursery and landscape plants; subtropical and tropical
plants; temperate tree fruits and nuts; and vegetables
- Growth regulator applications
- Marketing and economics
- New cultivar and germplasm releases
- Pest management
- Plant pathology
- Postharvest biology and technology
- Propagation and tissue culture
- Seed technology
- Soil management, fertilization, and irrigation
- Turf management
- To submit papers for peer review and publication in HortScience, click on the following address:
- If you have previously submitted a paper to HortScience, you will
be required to log in with your log in name and password. (Forgot your password? Use the "Unknown/Forgotton Password? link at the bottom of the log in page.)
- First-time users of the online submission system must
register for an account. Instructions on how to register
for an account are accessed at the bottom of the log in page.
Publishing Fees for Papers in HortScience.
- At least one author is an ASHS member = $100 per printed page.
who are ASHS members must indicate membership in the appropriate field
on the "General Information" page when submitting manuscripts).
- Authors who are non-ASHS members = $170 per printed page.
- There are additional fees for publishing figures in color.
- Please Note: Authors making more than five (5) corrections on their page proofs will be billed at $10 per correction.
- Papers can be made open access immediately for an additional charge of $600.
ASHS Publications Style Manual
Useful information for authors submitting papers to any of the three ASHS Journals:
- Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science
Which journal should I submit my paper to?
The diagram below demonstrates the differences among the three ASHS journals, showing the mission and intended audience for the Journal (JASHS), HortScience, and HortTechnology.
For additional information, contact:
Authors: You may order reprints of your published article in HortScience.