ASHS wants to share all the Society has to offer with those who are the future of horticulture - you - today's students. And to do so, ASHS is offering special memberships to horticultural students in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate Students receive a complimentary membership for your entire undergraduate career.
- Graduate Students receive a free one-year complimentary membership.
As part of your membership in ASHS, you will receive:
- Electronic access to the ASHS Newsletter, the monthly member publication of ASHS that is full of news about the Society, research, horticulturists, meetings, resources, and jobs in horticulture.
- A complimentary electronic subscription to HortTechnology - the outreach publication of ASHS. Keep abreast of the latest studies of horticulturists around the world in applied horticulture. Not only will you have access to the current volume year of HortTechnology during your free membership, you will also have full access to the entire content in ASHS' electronic archives of HortTechnology going back to 1990!
- Full access to the Members Only section of the ASHS web site. You'll have full access to the ASHS Video Workshop Series, including HortEducator and the Video Biographies section, with more than 80 video interviews of notable horticulturists of the 20th Century.
- HortTalks and ASHS Horticulture Pods - two innovations of ASHS that are available in QuickTime and on iTunes. Subscribe, download, and play more than 100 talks given at the ASHS Annual Conferences and receive the latest news and announcements from ASHS automatically.
- Receive first notification of the scholarships offered through ASHS. Each year, the Society sponsors two $1500 ASHS Scholars scholarships to undergraduate students.
And of course you will have all the other member benefits that come with ASHS - reduced subscription prices to Journal of ASHS and HortScience, reduced registration for the ASHS Annual Conference, and perhaps most important, the interaction opportunities with the thousands of other members of ASHS - no better way to network and make contacts for your future in horticulture.