- About Us
Professional Horticultural Tour Proposals
ASHS 2016 Annual Conference
Proposal Due: January 8, 2016
If you or your working group is interested in organizing a professional horticultural tour during the annual meeting of the American Society for Horticultural Science, August 8-11, 2016 in Atlanta, the proposals will be due by January 8, 2016. The horticultural tours are half or full-day in length and will leave from the Sheraton Hotel in Atlanta (the meeting location). We will not be offering any overnight options.
In order for your proposal to be considered, the items below are required to be submitted to ASHS via the online form by January 8, 2016.
1. Title of the Tour with a basic overview of what the tour will cover.
2. Date the tour will be offered:
The following dates are available choices: Sunday, August 7; Monday, August 8; Tuesday, August 9; Wednesday, August 10; Thursday, August 11; and Friday, August 12.
3. Departure Time from the Sheraton Hotel, Atlanta.
4. Name, Address, Description of each stop (as in-depth as possible as this is the information that will be used to promote the tour), and Arrival and Departure Time of each stop. Please confirm that each stop can accommodate the tour on the date that you plan to run the tour. All stops must have their own liability insurance–proof of insurance may be required.
5. Are there any limits on the number of people that can be accommodated at any of the stops? Or limits on the size of the vehicle to get to the stop?
6. Return time to the Sheraton Hotel.
7. Name and contact information of each planned tour escort with description of their role. This is required for us to price the tour with the number of seats available and to know who is the contact for each part of the tour. Please make sure it is clear on the total number of escorts that will be occupying a seat on the bus and should be included in meal counts (in applicable).
8. Applicable admission fees for each stop.
9. Any meals or snacks that are to be included (and the location of where the meal will take place or where a box lunch can be picked up during the tour). We will include the price of these in the tour fee. Please remember the tour coordinator is responsible to organize and manage the order and pick-up of these meals.
After we receive the above information, we will get the tours priced and added to the registration system.
Please note: There will be NO extension of this deadline. All information must be submitted completely by the deadline or the tour proposal will not be included as part of the ASHS tour offerings. All costs must be stated up front in tour proposal. All individuals attending any tour will be required to sign a liability waiver.
Please submit your proposal in the form below no later than January 8, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Negar Mahdavian (703.836.4606 x 107)