Professional Horticultural Tour Proposals
ASHS 2018 Annual Conference
Proposal Due: December 8, 2017
If your professional interest group would like to organize a horticultural tour during the annual meeting of the American Society for Horticultural Science, July 31 – August 3, the proposals will be due by December 8, 2017. The horticultural tours are half or full-day in length and will leave from Washington Hilton Hotel, Washington, DC. We will not be offering any overnight options or tours that depart from alternate locations.
In order for your proposal to be considered, the items below are required to be submitted to ASHS via email attachment by December 8, 2017. In addition, please do not include the following destinations in your tour itinerary as tours are already planned to these locations: United States National Arboretum, United States Botanical Garden, and Mount Vernon.
1. Title of the Tour with a basic overview of what the tour will cover.
2. Date the tour is desired to be scheduled. Please provide more than one date option as there may be a need to schedule multiple tours on a single day, and we want to avoid conflicts with the technical program.
The following dates are available choices:
Sunday, July 29th
Monday, July 30th
Tuesday, July 31st
Wednesday, August 1st
Thursday, August 2nd
Friday, August 3rd
Saturday, August 4th
3. For each stop, include the Location Name, Address, Description (must be in-depth as this is the information that will be used to promote the tour), and the Arrival and Departure Time of each stop. Please confirm that each stop can accommodate the tour on the date that you plan to run the tour. All stops must have their own liability insurance in place – proof of insurance may be required.
4. Are there any limits on the number of people that can be accommodated at any of the stops? Or limits on the size of the vehicle to get to the stop?
5. Return time to the Washington Hilton Hotel.
6. Name and contact information of your designated tour coordinator/organizer and each planned tour escort with description of their role. This is required for us to price the tour with the number of seats available and to know who is the contact for each part of the tour. Please make sure it is clear on the total number of tour escorts that will be occupying a seat on the bus and should be included in meal counts (if applicable). This is very important in determining the tour cost.
7. Applicable admission fees for each stop.
8. Any meals or snacks that are to be included (and the location of where the meal will take place or where a box lunch can be picked up during the tour). We will include the price of these in the tour fee.
Please remember the tour coordinator is responsible to organize and manage the order and pick-up of any included meals, snacks and water. ASHS staff will assist in pricing the tour, collecting tour fees through registration, contracting with the transportation (bus) company, and paying tour vendors.
After we receive the above information, we will get the tours priced and added to the registration system.
Please note: There will be NO extension of this deadline. All information must be submitted completely by the deadline or the tour proposal will not be included as part of the ASHS tour offerings. All costs must be stated up front in tour proposal. All individuals attending any tour will be required to sign a liability waiver.
Please submit your proposal no later than December 8, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact:
American Society for Horticultural Science
1018 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2562
TEL: 703.836.4606 x 107 FAX: 703.836.2024