- About Us
|About ASHS Awards|
About ASHS Awards
The ASHS Awards Program is a means by which the Society recognizes outstanding member accomplishments in horticultural research, extension, and education.
How are the award recipients chosen?
Where are ASHS Awards given?
How is the Awards Program organized?
• Fellows - Election as a Fellow of the Society is the highest honor that ASHS can bestow on its members, in recognition of truly outstanding contributions to horticulture and the Society.
• Outstanding Extension Educator - The ASHS Outstanding Extension Educator Award recognizes an educator who has made an outstanding and valuable contribution to horticultural science extension education for a period of 10 or more years.
• Outstanding Graduate Educator - The ASHS Outstanding Graduate Educator Award recognizes an educator who has had a distinguished and outstanding graduate education teaching career in horticultural science for a period of 10 or more years.
• Outstanding Industry Scientist - The ASHS Outstanding Industry Scientist Award recognizes a horticultural crops scientist working in the private sector who has made outstanding and valuable contributions to horticultural science, the horticultural industry, and the horticultural profession for a period of 10 or more years.
• Outstanding International Horticulturist - The ASHS Outstanding International Horticulturist Award recognizes an international horticulturist who has made an outstanding and valuable contribution to international horticultural science, education, research and/or outreach for a period of 10 or more years.
• Outstanding Researcher - The ASHS Outstanding Researcher Award recognizes a horticultural crops scientist who has had an outstanding record in research on one or more horticultural crops and in one or more areas of horticultural research for a period of 10 or more years.
• Outstanding Undergraduate Educator - The ASHS Outstanding Undergraduate Educator Award recognizes an educator who has had a distinguished and outstanding undergraduate education teaching career in horticultural science for a period of 10 or more years.
Student Awards• ASHS Industry Division Student Travel Grant - This award is open to all undergraduate and graduate horticulture students who plan to attend the ASHS Annual Conference.
• ASHS Annual Conference Travel Grant - A limited number of travel grants will be awarded to graduate and undergraduate students attending the ASHS Annual Conference.
• ASHS Scholars Award - the purpose of this award is to recognize and support scholastic achievement and to encourage career development in horticultural science at the undergraduate level.
• Collegiate Scholars Award - This award honors the academic achievements of junior and senior undergraduates from departments of horticulture, or of plant and crop science, who are majoring in horticulture.
• Outstanding Undergraduate Horticulture Student - The ASHS Outstanding Horticulture Student Awards officially recognizes exceptional undergraduate horticulture students in baccalaureate programs.
• This award is designed to commemorate sites of horticultural accomplishment, and are selected for historical, scientific, environmental, and aesthetic value.