The American Society for Horticultural Science offers journals, educational opportunities, specialty publications, and career development services to all Individual Members.
- Active Membership - $135 per year - Active membership is available to any individual interested in horticultural education, research and application.
- Emeritus Membership - $55 per year - For retired horticulturists who have been ASHS members for 10 or more consecutive years, Emeritus membership includes the same benefits and services as active membership.
- Postdoctoral Membership - $60 per year - For postdoctoral students currently employed at an accredited university or college, this category carries all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office.
- Graduate Student Membership - $40 per year - For graduate students enrolled in an accredited university or college, this category carries all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office.
- Graduate Student Membership - Complimentary One-Year Membership - The American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) invites all Graduate Students focusing on horticulture to take advantage of a free one-year Graduate Student Membership in ASHS including a complimentary online subscription to an ASHS journal of your choice.
- Undergraduate Student Membership - Complimentary for your entire undergraduate career (Includes an online subscription to HortTechnology). For students with an active interest in horticulture attending an undergraduate institution, this category includes all active member benefits and services with the exception of holding elected office. Students in this category are also eligible to participate in the Undergraduate Student Competitions and Undergraduate Student Conference related activities. (Membership is a requirement in order to be awarded an ASHS Travel Grant.)
- International Colleague/Affiliate Membership (ICA) - $20 per year - Criteria for ICA Membership are that the individual is from a developing country with a low or low-middle income economy, (as defined by the World Bank), AND must reside in a developing country, i.e., can't be an international residing in North America.There is a 3-year limitation to this membership level. View the World Bank list of countries.
- Corporate Membership - $375.00 per year - Any business firm, association, or organization (excluding libraries), interested in promoting horticultural research and education is eligible for ASHS Corporate Membership.